It’s a world where we’ve become independent travel researchers and planners. What used to be a call to a local travel agent is now a project that consumes hours of research time.ow many hours do you spend searching?
According to Expedia Media Solutions, the average online travel search includes 38 site visits. Amadeus Online 2020 Travel reports we typically conduct 50 online searches in our quest to find the best travel options.
But don’t take our word for it. Try for yourself by taking the Opptee cruise-search challenge. First try a cruise search the way you usually would and then do the same search using Opptee.
First, try a typical Cruise Search
Finding cruises that best suit you usually involves:
- Checking one or two aggregator sites like Expedia and Travelocity. Now you’ve got a good idea of the cruise options and price range.
- Searching a cruise-only aggregator like CruisesOnly.com or Cruise.com.
- Searching the cruise sites directly. For instance Carnival.com or Celebrity Cruises.
- Now that you’ve searched these, you need to review and short list your options by re-opening the browser tabs of each site you visited. From a mobile device, toggling between your options isn’t always easy.
- Finally you’ve found what you like best and can make the booking.
That’s one of the most thorough ways to find best options and prices for your cruise vacation, however, every time you viewed a new site, you had to re-enter your travel dates, departure port and cruise location. If you searched on your mobile, you likely downloaded an app (or many apps) onto your device.
Opptee offers a better search option. It acts like a super-aggregator of sorts enabling you to easily access favorite cruise search sites from a single app that lists the best cruise sites and aggregators. The Opptee app also remembers your travel dates and cruise information and populates them into each cruise search.
Now, try the same Search using Opptee
- Download Opptee
- From the Opptee dial, select Cruises and input your cruise details once. Click ‘Go’ (or ‘Continue’ if using Windows).
Another bonus: Opptee reminds you about certain travel considerations. For instance, the app asks if you’re 55+. When you check that box (highlighted below), special 55+ rate options are likely to show.
3. Select Aggregator 1, click on ‘+’ and choose Aggregator 2.
5. After choosing several provider options, select ‘Results’ to re-visit the cruise options you short-listed.
6. Now you have all the information you need to book the cruise you like best.
*Note: None of the companies or products listed here have contacted us, paid or requested we mention them. All references are entirely the result of Opptee research.*
Opptee: One App. All Cruises